PREFACE: This is NOT my work, but I couldn't find the original since it was told to me verbally.
There was a small boy in a small house in a small town. The news lately had only been reporting a serial killer known only as the Butter Knife Murderer. It was in the news every day. "Butter Knife Murderer Claims Next Victim." "Butter Knife Murderer Strikes Again."
One morning the boy awoke and made himself some toast. When he went to get some butter for his toast, he noticed all of the butter knives were gone. The next morning, the newspaper reported that the Butter Knife Murderer had indeed been active late the night before, and that the victims were found in a field not far from where the boy lived.
That night, the boy donned some black clothing, grabbed a flashlight, and made his way to the field that had been in the paper.
The wind rustled through the grass, and the moon was hidden behind clouds. It was a black, black night.
At the edge of the field, the boy stopped and shone his flashlight about.
In the glare from his flashlight, he saw them. Dozens. Maybe hundreds. Mangled...twisted...butter knives.
If you found a story or encounter elsewhere (e.g. another website) interesting, share or discuss them here. A source linking back to the original location is required.
- March-April (2016) Story Contest: Honorable Mention
- Posts: 273
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:11 pm
- Location: Minnesota
- Story Contests
- Story Contest: January - February 2018
- Story Contest: June 2017
- Story Contest: January - February 2017
- Story Contest: November - December 2016
- Story Contest: September - October 2016
- Story Contest: July - August (2016)
- Story Contest: May – June (2016)
- Story Contest: March – April (2016)
- Story Contest: January – February (2016)
- Story Contest: December (2015)
- Story Contest: October (2015)
- Short Scary Stories
- Halloween Art Contest
- Glitch In The Matrix
- Scary Encounters
- Story Forum
- Stories & Encounters Found Elsewhere
- Off Topic
- Featured Authors
- Community Announcements
- Game Forum
- Off Topic Forum
- Technical Issues
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest