The moment I saw my cat dart underneath my futon, I froze. Her tiny body, sleek and covered in jet-black fur, crossed the distance between my bedroom door and the futon in an instant. Like a lightning bolt.
I dropped the book I was reading and dove for her, my heart jackhammering and arms outstretched. But, I was too late. Ally was too fast. She had already squeezed her way between the cardboard boxes that were pushed in front of the futon. Her tail disappeared, joining the darkness.
I knew what was going to happen. I closed my eyes, my initial shock turned into an overwhelming cold numbness through my body. I waited for the inevitable.
The silence soon shattered as a loud, panicked hiss came from the darkness. It ended and more followed. Then, the futon cushions rose and fell. Ally was jumping around underneath it. I heard her frantic slapping against something unseen, something wet, something organic. I sobbed but, I couldn't stop listening.
It lasted for a few moments. More hissing. More clawing. The crackling of carpet being torn with front and hind claws. Slurping.
Ally’s hissing cut-off with a final meow, long and weak, and the slurping soon followed.
The Black Mouth underneath my futon then began to chew.
Short (less than 350 words) scary stories can be found here.
- Story Contests
- Story Contest: January - February 2018
- Story Contest: June 2017
- Story Contest: January - February 2017
- Story Contest: November - December 2016
- Story Contest: September - October 2016
- Story Contest: July - August (2016)
- Story Contest: May – June (2016)
- Story Contest: March – April (2016)
- Story Contest: January – February (2016)
- Story Contest: December (2015)
- Story Contest: October (2015)
- Short Scary Stories
- Halloween Art Contest
- Glitch In The Matrix
- Scary Encounters
- Story Forum
- Stories & Encounters Found Elsewhere
- Off Topic
- Featured Authors
- Community Announcements
- Game Forum
- Off Topic Forum
- Technical Issues
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests